November 9, 2013

2013 Update

Wow, it’s been quite awhile since my last update.
From the summer of 2012 through 2013, I attempted to stay in Los Angeles to work locally sculpting for set construction. To my dismay, there was little to no work to be had. They rarely make big movies in LA anymore and it’s really a shame that such a storied tradition of working in the Movie Industry of Hollywood is now non-existent to barely limping along.
With my union benefits on the verge of being cancelled, I took a location job in New Orleans on Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes that lasted 2.5 weeks. Once back in Los Angeles, work started popping up in the summer of 2013, but were all short term. Anywhere from 2 days to 3 weeks. During those summer months, I sculpted on Captain America; Winter Soldier, Interstellar, Thor: Dark World reshoots and the TV show Raising Hope.



Everything is still thriving in the illustration world of Skulboy Designs. Disc Golf designed custom stamps for Discovering The World, Disc Nation and Disc Golf Black Market for Latitude 64, MVP and Legacy Discs molds have been very popular.  For the non-Disc Golf crowd, I’ve been producing skull inspired artwork and putting it on products from phone cases to aprons available at Zazzle and Cafe Press.



No comments: